WELCOME TO THE LONE PINE INN
Photos bY: Madison Lederer
UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT
Welcome to The Lone Pine Inn, located on the beautiful shore of Agimak Lake. We invite you to stay with us! The comfort and care of our guests is our primary objective. We strive to provide a superior lakeside environment and amenities that encourage and promote not only an excellent night’s rest but an experience to remember.
Jeff & Tanya Lederer & family
The Lone Pine Inn is conveniently located just 2km south of the Trans-Canada highway at 300 Sorenson Avenue in Ignace, Ontario, on the eastern shore of beautiful Agimac Lake. Situated in the heart of “Sunset Country” in Northwestern Ontario, Ignace is seated at the base of Ontario's most northern Highway 599, 100km east of Dryden and 250km west of Thunder Bay (see map).
This is truly a magical place - with stunning views, sandy beach and shallow water for swimming, the Lone Pine's location does not disappoint. Why spend the night listening to the highway, when you can fall asleep listening to the sound of the loons calling, and the waves lapping against the shore?
Amenities include sand beach, boat launch, BBQ areas, and well-appointed suites, including kitchenettes. All suites have panoramic views of Agimak Lake including breathtaking sunsets. Cleanliness is key, and guests will be provided with a child and pet-friendly, comfortable stay that only a family run establishment can provide.
300 Sorensen Avenue
P.O. Box 745
Ignace, ON, P0T 1T0
COMING SOON - Please call 1-807-934-2239 to make a Reservation
- Six weeks in, and we already have a ton of ideas! Some big, and some small. We know that sometimes, it's the little things that count.
- No Shampoo? We've installed environmentally friendly and hygienic body wash and conditioning shampoo dispensers in every bathroom.
- We're listening to you: We've been busy reading Tripadvisor reviews from our loyal guests, and we want you to know that we're listening to you!. Long story short: "Clean, but dated"...Well, we can certainly keep our reputation for cleanliness top notch, and you've come to the right place to read about how we plan to address "dated". Now, don't get us wrong: we LOVE the nostalgia of the Lone Pine - this is such an iconic place. Everyone that has stayed here has had the pleasure of enjoying the meticulous carpentry and woodworking of the original builder and owner, Mr. Szyszka. We're simply planning a facelift to his handcrafted furniture pieces. The floors and walls will also get an upgrade, and new kitchen cabinets and new countertops will be installed on the main floor kitchenette rooms, and additional amenities will be added to the second floor suites..
- No adjoining rooms? Problem solved; the location of the current office will be moved by the time the 2019 season opens (see The House, below, for more details). Moving the office will allow the space to become an adjoining room to a kitchenette suite on the main floor to give our guests more space to relax inside.
- Let the outside in: While we appreciate the uniqueness and ingenuity of the short luggage pass-through doors facing the parking area for the main floor suites, unfortunately, many of these wooden doors have aged to the point they are no longer functional. To better serve both our short and long term guests, full doors will be installed for easy room access from the parking area (which, if you've ever checked in when its pouring rain, I'm sure you'll appreciate!). This access will allow us to install patio doors on the lakeside, to let even more of this beautiful view into the guest suite's space.
- Check back for updates! We'll be sure to post a notice on our Facebook page (ledererlonepine) when new information is added here.
The house is big project for us. As a family of 6 (plus Karma), we need to ensure that we have a functional place to not only call our home, but to be available to meet the needs of our guests. Long time visitors will recall the angled door where the "office" used to be located...the office will be returned to this location, as part of the main floor of our living quarters. This will ensure that tired, late night travelers will always have a place to rest for the night (vacancy permitting of course); for those familiar with the current layout of the house, the main floor bedroom will become the office and lobby. The Inn's laundry area will remain in its current location (we can't even begin to imagine how or why we would want to move that washing machine!). The "kitchen" in the house will become our family's mudroom; a place for the kids to hang their backpacks after school, wet snow pants in winter, and wet beach towels in summer. We're big on recycling, and supporting Habitat for Humanity, so we're recycling an entire kitchen! The kitchen cabinets and appliances were purchased from Habitat for Humanity and have been in storage for the last 9 months. I can't wait to start cooking in there (I can smell the cinnamon buns already)...We're also adding a feature wall with a fireplace so we can brace the winters here! It's been a while for us, so the weather will take some getting used to.
The upper level of the house will be our bedrooms/bathrooms. I can't tell you how disappointed the kids were when they realized that the mini fridges and microwaves wouldn't be staying in their rooms...
The Grounds & Future Plans
If anyone knows Jeff, they know it's all about the landscaping...no concrete details available yet...he's still pondering his options. One thing I know for sure is that in 2019 there will be planter boxes and flowers everywhere!
We also have future plans for a year round building, which will include a gift shop, boat, kayak and paddle board rentals, and a lakeside cafe. A dock will also be available for those enjoying the day on the water to stop in and say hello.
In the future, we're planning to develop the land on the east side of Sorenson which include semi-detached long term winterized rental units, so that even more people can enjoy this amazing location.